Writing can be almost as powerful a tool as reading for learning new concepts, especially if you also publish your notes in some form.
Writing and publishing articles/notes/posts of stuff you learn is a great way to give your thoughts and experiences structure and solidify them in your mind. Publishing them also motivates you to organize your thoughts in a way that can be easily digested by readers.
- Writing Improves Memory: Writing helps us to remember things better. As we write out our thoughts, we are able to process them in greater detail, which leads to better memorization. In addition, writing forces us to think in a more organized manner, which can help us to recall information more easily in the future.
- Writing is a Great Way to Clarify Thinking: Writing helps us to clarify our thoughts and make sense of ideas. By reflecting on our ideas, we can make sure that they are organized and make sense. Writing can help us to identify gaps in our understanding and make corrections as needed.
- Writing Enhances Creativity: Writing encourages us to think more creatively. By expressing our ideas on paper, we can brainstorm and come up with solutions to problems. Writing also helps us to come up with new ideas and perspectives.
- Writing is a Great Way to Express Emotions: Writing is a great way to let out emotions and feelings that we might not be able to express in person. It is a great way to process our feelings in a safe and constructive way.
- Writing is a Valuable Skill: Writing is a valuable skill to have in any profession. Whether you are a doctor, lawyer, teacher, or engineer, writing is a valuable way to communicate your thoughts and ideas.
Ever since I started writing technical and non-technical articles I find it way easier to synthesize new information - the steps I always had to take before publishing something - organizing and structuring my thoughts have started to automatically happen before I even start writing, which is pretty neat!
Overall, writing is a great learning tool. It encourages us to think more deeply and process our thoughts in greater detail. It also helps us to express our emotions in a safe and constructive way. Writing also helps us to be more creative and come up with innovative solutions to problems. Finally, writing is a valuable skill in any profession and can help you to be more successful in your career.
So if you can, make sure to write everything down! It doesn't have to be a 5 thousand word properly edited article, every small post counts - like this one.